View slideshows of
the creative process:
1) Drawings interpreted into 3D using microcrystalline wax / pour cups prepared.
2) Lydia figure in wax and ready for sprue system.
3) Lydia figure sprued in prep for investing.
4) Zircon sand coat; second ceramic shell coat with fine sand.
5) Seventh ceramic shell coat with reinforcing wire; final 11th coat without sand.
6) Pour cup opened and turned upside down; investments being burned out (loss wax).
7) Investments upright; heated and exposed in prep for molten bronze.
8) Pour team; Line, Teri and Sam at Millersville University sculpture foundry.
9) Bronze pouring at 2100 degrees F.
10) Investment shell broken off; cleaned and bead blasted.
11) Sprue systems are removed and welded by Ike; pieces are cleaned and chased.
12) After chasing and final bead blasting the pieces are ready for surface treatment.
Teri Hay ©2010-